The Pension Integrity Project at Reason Foundation’s Gold Standard In Public Retirement System Design series reviews the best practices of state-level public retirement systems and provides a design framework for states that are struggling with post-employment benefit debt and retirement security risks. The series includes recommendations to help states structure attractive retirement systems that meet the needs of both employees and taxpayers.
The Gold Standard in Public Retirement System Design Series currently includes:
- Best Practices in the Design and Utilization of Public Sector Defined Contribution Plans
- Best Practices in Incorporating Risk Sharing Into Defined Benefit Pension Plans
Check back in the future for additional briefs, including:
- Best Practices in Amortization Policies
- Best Practices in Hybrid Retirement Plans
- Best Practices in Assumed Rates of Return
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email the Reason Pension Reform Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay in Touch with Our Pension Experts
Reason Foundation’s Pension Integrity Project has helped policymakers in states like Arizona, Colorado, Michigan, and Montana implement substantive pension reforms. Our monthly newsletter highlights the latest actuarial analysis and policy insights from our team.