The essence of this policy brief's recipe to fix failing urban schools: close failing schools, open new charter schools, give principals control of their budgets, let parents choose schools, replicate great schools, repeat.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Fix the Schools
Close failing schools, open charter schools and replicate great schools
Policy Brief 87
This Study's Materials
- Fix the Schools Policy Brief, PDF, 431.5 KB
- California 2014 High Speed Rail Business Plan Is Off Track (3/6)
- The Intentionally Unrealistic FY2015 Budget (3/4)
- Shallal's Top-Down Plan for D.C. Schools Hurts Parent Choice (3/3)
- Richmond CARES? (3/2)
- Government Could Improve the Development of Vehicle to Vehicle Communication by Getting Out of the Way (2/27)
Latest From Reason
How government regulators tried to kill the skin & ink trade.
I’ll stick with the gays, the immigrants, and the ringing cash registers.
The recent recall of nearly 9 million pounds of meat highlights the fact that USDA regulations make eating truly "local" meat difficult for consumers. How can we fix that?
Republicans may be unpopular, but Democrats also lose as a record number of Americans identify as political independents.