The essence of this policy brief's recipe to fix failing urban schools: close failing schools, open new charter schools, give principals control of their budgets, let parents choose schools, replicate great schools, repeat.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Fix the Schools
Close failing schools, open charter schools and replicate great schools
Policy Brief 87
This Study's Materials
- Fix the Schools Policy Brief, PDF, 431.5 KB
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)
Latest From Reason
Congressman Justin Amash discusses libertarian foreign policy, Austrian economics, civil liberties, abortion, and more.
No dissenter can ever rest assured he is safe from the arbitrary power of the IRS.
An audit of the agency’s behavior unearths disturbing new information.
So-called "ag gag" laws unconstitutionally target farm whistleblowers. Two recent decisions have dealt a serious blow to these laws.