The January 2014 edition of the Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter is now online. Topics covered in this issue include:
- STATES: Sampling the State of the State Speeches
- EDUCATION: Houston Reducing Achievement Gaps Under Student-Based Budgeting
- PUBLIC HEALTH: Rush to Regulate E-Cigarettes May Harm Public Health
- PENSIONS: Rhode Island Pension Reform Case Study
- SOCIAL FINANCE: New York Launches Social Impact Bond Program
- LOTTERIES: Pennsylvania Ends Procurement for Private Lottery Management
- PRISONS: The Challenge of Public/Private Cost Comparisons
- INNOVATORS IN ACTION: Pioneering Road User Charges in Oregon
- News & Notes
- Quotable Quotes
The full newsletter is available here, and previous editions of the newsletter are available here.
Stay in Touch with Our Pension Experts
Reason Foundation’s Pension Integrity Project has helped policymakers in states like Arizona, Colorado, Michigan, and Montana implement substantive pension reforms. Our monthly newsletter highlights the latest actuarial analysis and policy insights from our team.