The Reason Video Prize will be awarded as part of the 2018 Reason Media Awards, which will be held at FreedomFest in Las Vegas on Saturday, July 14. (For ticket information, click here.) The prize honors short-form films and videos that explore, investigate, and enrich our appreciation of libertarian beliefs in individual rights, limited government, and human possibilities. The winner receives $5,000. To see the finalists for the 2016 prize, go here.
- The Reason Video Award is open to filmmakers anywhere in the world, but the work under consideration must have been published online for the first time between September 15, 2016, and May 31, 2018.
- The total prize fund is $8,500, divided between first ($5,000), second ($2,500), and third ($1,000) prize winners.
- Entrants must submit their own video(s) through the online entry form.
- Entries can consist of one to five videos but cannot exceed a cumulative time of 30 minutes.
- Entries need to be narrated or spoken in English or feature English subtitles if verbal portions are in another language.
- Entries must state clearly the site and URL where each video appeared and the date each video was originally published.
- Videos will be judged on the following criteria: intellectual coherence, persuasiveness, wit and creativity, relevance, clarity and simplicity, and wider impact.
- Creators must nominate themselves, although submissions may be made by an assistant on the creator’s behalf with his/her consent.
- Entries will be accepted until midnight, May 31, 2018; finalists will be announced no later than June 15.
- The decision of the judges and Reason Foundation will be final.
- Finalists may be asked to travel at Reason’s expense to the prize dinner in Las Vegas on July 14, 2018.
- Directors, staff, and current contractors of Reason Foundation and their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children), significant others, and household members are not eligible for consideration for the Reason Video Award.
- Videos commissioned, edited, and/or placed by Reason Foundation or any of its associated platforms are not eligible for consideration.
- Reason Foundation reserves the right to clarify and/or modify these rules as needed.
Questions? Email email@example.com.[dotorg-video-prize-form]