Reason Foundation is pleased to announce the finalists for the 2017 Bastiat Prize for Journalists.
The Bastiat Prize is awarded to writers who best explain the importance of freedom with originality, wit, and eloquence. The Bastiat Prize, which includes a total pot of $16,000 in prizes, will be announced at the Reason Media Awards in New York City on Nov. 9, 2017.
The finalists for the 2017 Bastiat Prize are:
- Radley Balko, The Washington Post
- Devangshu Datta, Freelance Journalist
- Shruti Rajagopalan, Assistant Professor of Economics at State University of New York, Purchase College
- Hugo Restall, The Wall Street Journal Asia
- Juliet Samuel, Daily Telegraph (UK)
This year, nominations for the Bastiat Prize were made by an international committee. Finalists were selected from among these nominees by Reason Foundation and sent to our esteemed panel of judges, which this year comprised:
- A. Barton Hinkle, Senior Editorial Writer and Columnist, Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Tom G. Palmer, Executive Vice President for International Programs, Atlas Network
- Matt Ridley, Columnist, The Times (UK); Author, The Evolution of Everything
- Louis Rossetto, Founder, Former Editor-in-Chief of Wired; Author, Change Is Good
- Mohit Satyanand, Chairman, Teamwork Arts; Chairman, Liberty Institute (India)
- Rebecca Weisser, Former Opinion Page Editor, The Australian
More information about the Bastiat Prize is available here.
Tickets to the 2017 Reason Media Awards are available here.
About Reason Foundation
Reason Foundation is a nonprofit think tank dedicated to advancing free minds and free markets. Reason Foundation produces respected public policy research on a variety of issues and publishes the critically acclaimed Reason magazine and its website www.reason.com. For more information please visit www.reason.org.
Reason Foundation, Reason magazine, Reason.tv