The rollout of Reason Foundation’s Annual Privatization Report 2010 continues today with the release of the State Government Privatization section, authored by Reason’s Leonard Gilroy, Harris Kenny, Shirley Ybarra and Tyler Millhouse. The document provides a comprehensive overview of the latest on privatization and public-private partnerships (PPPs) in state government. Topics include:
- Privatization initiatives in New Jersey, Louisiana and Puerto Rico;
- Divesting state alcohol monopolies;
- PPPs for state parks management;
- Lottery privatization in Illinois;
- Privatization of state workers compensation programs and economic development agencies;
- PPPs in higher education;
- Contracting for performance in child welfare privatization and more.