The April 2014 edition of the Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter is now online. Topics covered in this issue include:
- PRIVATIZATION: Reviewing the Past Year in State Privatization
- EDUCATION: Developments in School Choice, Charter Schools, Funding Portability
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE: Privatization Evolves Amid Criminal Justice Reforms
- INNOVATORS IN ACTION: Reforming Defined-Benefit Pensions in Bakersfield, Kern Co
- PENSIONS: Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy
- LAND USE: Open Space Preservation vs. Pension Costs in New Jersey
- FEDERAL: Obama: Time to Divest TVA to Mitigate Taxpayer Risk
- News & Notes
- Quotable Quote
The full newsletter is available here, and previous editions of the newsletter are available here.
Stay in Touch with Our Pension Experts
Reason Foundation’s Pension Integrity Project has helped policymakers in states like Arizona, Colorado, Michigan, and Montana implement substantive pension reforms. Our monthly newsletter highlights the latest actuarial analysis and policy insights from our team.