The January 2017 edition of Reason’s Pension Reform Newsletter is now online. Topics covered in this issue include:
- How CalPERS’ Lowered Investment Return Assumption Impacts Taxpayers
- Court Upholds California’s Ban on Airtime Purchases
- New Reports Examine Omaha, Lincoln Pension Liabilities and Risks
- Simulation Models Illuminate Risks Faced by Public Pension Plans
- The Role of Governance in the Dallas Police and Fire Pension Crisis
The full newsletter is available here, and previous editions of the newsletter are available here.
Stay in Touch with Our Pension Experts
Reason Foundation’s Pension Integrity Project has helped policymakers in states like Arizona, Colorado, Michigan, and Montana implement substantive pension reforms. Our monthly newsletter highlights the latest actuarial analysis and policy insights from our team.