The rollout of Reason Foundation’s Annual Privatization Report 2010 continues with the release of the Local Government Privatization section, authored by Reason’s Leonard Gilroy, Harris Kenny, Samuel Staley and Adam Summers.
This section of the report provides an overview of the latest privatization and public-private partnerships (PPPs) in local government. Topics include:
- Privatization of municipal parking assets;
- Georgia’s evolving contract cities;
- Zoo privatization in Dallas and Tulsa;
- Privatization of public libraries in California;
- Market-based land development in Houston;
- Updates on privatization in public safety, solid waste/recycling and animal shelter operation;
- Privatization updates from Chicago, San Diego, Milwaukee and more.
” Annual Privatization Report 2010: Local Government Privatization [pdf, 700 kB]