Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
What's in the Government's Attic?
Government at all levels needs to be a better steward of the land it owns. With millions of acres in its portfolio, the government needs to identify what it owns, determine whether government or private ownership is the best and highest use for the land, and streamline the efficient transfer of those lands that can be better used in the private sector so they generate, not consume, tax dollars.
This Study's Materials
- Full Brief, PDF, 252.2 KB
- Survey of States Pension Debt (7/22)
- How Pension Reform Can Help the City of Omaha (7/21)
- Endangered Species and the Export-Import Bank (7/17)
- Reason Foundation Submits Letter to U.S. Sentencing Commission Supporting "Drugs Minus Two" Retroactivity (7/11)
- An Analysis of Transportation Policy and MAP-21 Reauthorization with Bob Poole (7/10)
Latest From Reason
There is a certain symbolism in the fact that Valeria Novodvorskaya died just as the Putin regime was being fully exposed as the gangster state that she had always said it was.
Civil rights and armed self-defense in the South
The New York governor tries his hand at crony capitalism.
In this age of endless regulation, it's hard to imagine that the legal and regulatory details of the law will ever truly be settled.
Let them in.