Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
What's in the Government's Attic?
Government at all levels needs to be a better steward of the land it owns. With millions of acres in its portfolio, the government needs to identify what it owns, determine whether government or private ownership is the best and highest use for the land, and streamline the efficient transfer of those lands that can be better used in the private sector so they generate, not consume, tax dollars.
This Study's Materials
- Full Brief, PDF, 252.2 KB
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges--Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
Latest From Reason
Why do so many libertarians want to eat like cavemen?
The frivolous arguments for suppressing the 911 calls placed during the Newtown massacre.
But it’s up to politicians and voters to fight for reforms
Is it really a bad idea to oppose lobbing Tomahawk missiles at people?
Contrary to "conventional wisdom," health insurance—private or otherwise—does not make health care more affordable.