Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
CSI for Real: How to Improve Forensic Science
Policy Study 364
American television viewers of popular programs such as CSI would be led to think that the forensic science lab is a bastion of white-coated scientists whose empirical and unbiased results are virtually always reliable and beyond significant dispute.
This Study's Materials
- Full Text, PDF, 1 MB
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges--Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
Latest From Reason
Contrary to "conventional wisdom," health insurance—private or otherwise—does not make health care more affordable.
Education myths can be pervasive and costly.
Excessive nationalism threatens the country's potential.
Doubling the minimum wage for fast-food workers is delusional and counterproductive.