In a brief by Manuel S. Klausner, Reason Foundation urged the California Supreme Court to reverse the Court of Appeal and throw out a sexual harassment case brought by a former worker on the television show "Friends." Klausner writes that "overly broad definitions of harassment threaten free speech and artistic freedom" and in this case "the only logical place for the defendants to discuss sitcom plots or brainstorm together about sexual themes is the workplace."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Files Brief with CA Supreme Court in "Friends" Sexual Harassment Case
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 2 MB
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)
- More Boasts from California Contractor Regulators For Wasting Time and Money (11/29)
- Massachusetts State and Municipal Retiree Systems Costly, Underfunded (11/29)
- Innovators in Action (November 2013 edition): Pursuing Fiscal Self-Reliance in Utah (11/27)