In a brief by Manuel S. Klausner, Reason Foundation urged the California Supreme Court to reverse the Court of Appeal and throw out a sexual harassment case brought by a former worker on the television show "Friends." Klausner writes that "overly broad definitions of harassment threaten free speech and artistic freedom" and in this case "the only logical place for the defendants to discuss sitcom plots or brainstorm together about sexual themes is the workplace."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Files Brief with CA Supreme Court in "Friends" Sexual Harassment Case
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 2 MB
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)