Reason Foundation (“Reason”), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, seeks accounting and administrative support for the Los Angeles Headquarters.Data entry into the accounting system is performed by a part-time bookkeeper.
Reason Foundation operates on an accrual basis with a fiscal year end of September 30. Books are maintained in Sage100 hosted on an external server. Financials are prepared monthly and shared with the finance committee no later than the 20th of each month. Reason staff includes 70 full-time employees, 3-6 hourly employees and many independent contractors paid either through semi-monthly payroll or through accounts payable.
- Perform general accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Code invoices, reconcile accounts, and assist in the closing of monthly books.
- Reconcile bank accounts at least monthly, verify deposits, and address inquiries from banks.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts ; manage collections.
- Provide outside auditor with assistance; gather necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Coordinate with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommend updates to enhance the accounting software/processes.
- Maintain knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
Office Management and Other Administrative Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance of Los Angeles headquarters to include vendor scheduling and management, issue resolution, arranging for coverage of phones and mail delivery/ pick-up
- Administrative, process and project support for the Los Angeles office and Reason at-large
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles as applied to nonprofit accounting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Familiarity with SAGE100 preferred
This role can be part-time, or full-time. Candidates must be able to work out of Reason’s Los Angeles office at least one day per week.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.