Reason Foundation seeks a self-driven, organized, flexible, highly-motivated individual to support the organization on a variety of critical gaps and opportunities. The person in this position will work closely with the director of development and editor in chief of Reason Magazine, but will interact will all staff, including management.
- Scheduling: schedule high-profile individuals for editorial interviews and speaking events, and meetings with existing and prospective donors
- Assist with Hiring, including: work with hiring manager to develop job descriptions; develop and execute marketing plan for positions; screen resumes and conduct first interviews; create offer letters; work with candidates through offer process; notify candidates who do not receive offers
- Onboarding and Offboarding: monitor completion of onboarding tasks; ensure all required trainings are complete; coordinate posting of bio & photo; generate email address request; coordinate equipment and software requests; confirm deletion of online profiles and arrange for return or purchase of equipment
- Events: assist with events in DC office, NYC, and editorial events; assist with logistics for conferences such as LibertyCon, FreedomFest, etc.
- Networking/ Coalition management: strengthen relationships with Reason coalition groups, e.g. Students for Liberty, State Policy Network, and promote Reason staff as speakers with coalition groups
- Misc. Project/ Process Management: assist with the management of Reason’s D.C. office; project management support for large projects, e.g. annual webathon; assist with staff travel and other administrative needs; administrative support for editor in chief and director of development; other projects that align with candidate’s interests and skills and organizational needs.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Have a friendly and confident telephone manner for success at booking meetings, speakers, and interviews
- Have proven relationship building skills
- Have strong organizational skills
- Be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to work with remote team
- Be able to make trade-offs between conflicting priorities
- Be committed to the mission of the Reason Foundation
Specific responsibilities, salary and level (associate, manager, director) will depend upon the candidate’s relevant experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.