Internship Manager and Hiring Associate
“The ultimate resource is people – especially skilled, spirited, and hopeful young people endowed with liberty – who will exert their wills and imaginations for their own benefit and inevitably benefit the rest of us as well.” – Julian Simon
Reason is looking for a hiring associate with a passion for liberty who is interested in helping identify and recruit talented individuals for the Reason team. This is a great opportunity for an early-career professional to learn about all aspects of talent identification and selection while gaining valuable management experience running Reason’s large internship program.
The hiring associate will work directly with Reason’s hiring manager. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing Reason’s internship program, including program design and promotion, intern selection, assignment and supervision
- Working closely with the hiring manager and Reason staff to identify hiring needs and to craft and promote job openings
- Reviewing applications to identify top talent
- Arranging and participating in candidate interviews, and collaborating with staff on decision-making
- Working with Reason’s managers to refine the orientation and on boarding processes to ensure new staff get off on the right foot
- Collaborating with the CFO to manage personnel data
- A commitment to Reason’s mission
- Strong interest in a career in talent recruitment in the free market movement
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Discretion to handle sensitive information appropriately
- A Bachelor’s degree
Job location is negotiable; DC or LA are preferred. Candidates at all levels of experience are invited to apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume, three professional references, and two relevant writing samples – all as a single word or pdf file – to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include a description of why you are interested in working for Reason, how your past experience is relevant to a role here, and a description of any relevant technical skills. Please also specify your desired job location and ability to relocate.
Founded in 1968, Reason advances a free society by developing, applying, and promoting individual liberty, free markets, and the rule of law. Reason Foundation’s nonpartisan public policy research promotes choice, competition, and a dynamic market economy. Reason, the monthly print magazine and popular Web site of “free minds and free markets,” covers politics, culture, and ideas through a provocative mix of news, analysis, commentary, and reviews.
Reason provides full benefits to all individual employees, including health insurance coverage, long-term disability and life insurance, and a 403(b) retirement savings program.