Are you a fast, careful editor who loves free minds and free markets? Reason wants to hire you. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to do meticulous line edits, proofreading, and fact checking on deadline. He or she will also have an in-depth understanding of politics and public policy, and an appreciation for the libertarian worldview. Fluency in A.P. style is a major plus. The job includes opportunities to write for Reason’s online and print publications as well. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
Job duties include:
- Copy-editing quick-turnaround news items for Reason.com
- Collaborating with editorial staff to help refine longer-form pieces for Reason’s print edition
- Liaising with freelancers and assigning stories as appropriate
- Research and fact-checking as needed
- Previous journalism and/or editing experience
- Solid grasp of journalistic practices
- Sharp organizational and writing skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
Send clips and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.