Reason Foundation is a non-profit think tank dedicated to advancing the principles of individual liberty, limited government, and free markets. We are seeking a motivated and talented Development Manager to join our team and help support our mission through effective fundraising strategies. If you are passionate about advancing the cause of liberty and have a background in fundraising, we encourage you to apply.
As a key member of our development team, you will be responsible for managing Reason’s core donor portfolio (<$1000). You will grow this portfolio through direct mail and email prospecting, and increase giving through upgrade strategies. You will conduct research to identify potential high-dollar donors.
Direct Mail and Email Prospecting
- Develop and execute effective direct mail and email fundraising campaigns to acquire new donors
- Develop strategies to reach Reason’s online and print readers and newsletter subscribers
- Monitor and analyze the performance of fundraising campaigns, making data-driven adjustments to improve results
- Maximize performance of the <$1000 portfolio through regular, segmented, solicitations and upgrade strategies
- Develop personalized stewardship plans to enhance donor retention and upgrade potential
- Monitor and track progress toward fundraising goals and provide regular reports
- Conduct research to identify potential donors with significant upgrade potential
- Prepare detailed donor profiles and segmentation strategies to tailor fundraising efforts
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising or donor relations, with a proven track record of success
- Proficiency in donor research tools and fundraising software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for the mission of Reason Foundation
To be considered submit your application in one PDF to Hilary Hackleman email@example.com and include:
- Personal statement outlining your interest in the position and Reason, and any relevant experience.
- Writing sample
- Up to three references (name, email, and phone number)