Reason Foundation is seeking a well-rounded communications expert to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience with many aspects of communications including policy and journalism communications, social media, media relations, and web analytics.
In this role, you will develop and execute communications plans for the release of policy studies, briefs and other materials; edit and place op-eds produced by members of our research teams and affiliated scholars; identify opportunities for policy teams to reach the media and policymakers; prepare materials and conduct outreach to relevant media and government officials to improve policies and help build relationships; and work with our team to improve the quality and appeal of our written materials and online presence.
You will also be responsible for promoting Reason’s print and video journalism content and developing and implementing plans for reaching and engaging audiences on the web and social media platforms. This will include drafting and sending email newsletters; posting stories, videos, and other media; generating ideas for original social media content and working with staff to execute them; managing and promoting Reason’s social media accounts; and identifying opportunities for distributing Reason’s content to new audiences on emerging platforms. You will also work closely with the Reason journalism teams (written and video) as well as the policy research staff to help them implement social media best practices and to more effectively reach audiences by building their followings on social media. You will work closely with the marketing, editorial, and development staffs to provide access to, and insights into, data through regular and ad-hoc reports.
Experience with web analytics platforms including Google Analytics, YouTube analytics, and Facebook Insights, is a major plus.
- At least 3 years experience in media, digital publishing, communications, government affairs, policy research, or related fields
- Experience developing communications plans, writing press releases and liaising with media
- Understanding of and commitment to our organizational mission and goals
- Strong communication, writing, time management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and within a team
- Demonstrated ability to build audience through social networks
- Experience using web and social analytics to inform organizational strategies and meet objectives
- Experience with social media advertising
- Strong interest in new technologies
- Experience with WordPress a plus
Location is negotiable. Competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.