Private vehicle fleet maintenance is widespread amongst local governments, and is becoming more popular with a growing number of states. As county and municipal governments have found, the private sector offers the potential for significant financial savings, improved quality, and greater timeliness of service. As well, the management of a vehicle fleet is a highly commercial activity, well suited for private provision. Outsourcing fleet maintenance services allows the private sector to focus on the fleet itself, and government agencies to focus on the services that fleet provides.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Vehicle Fleet Maintenance/Management Outsourcing Opportunities
How San Diego and other cities can reduce the costs of vehicle fleet maintenance and management services
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)
Latest From Reason
The case of Fox's James Rosen.
The author of The Da Vinci Code has a new tale to tell.
Two new books ask whether our ancestors were right about food, sex, war, and trade.
Your spare bedroom is not your own.
Government has evolved a variety of sophisticated survival strategies.