Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Taxing Illegal Drugs: How States Dabble in Drugs and Why They Shouldn't
Policy Study 357
For around $8.00, you can get a gram of marijuana most places in the United States. Most of this is profit. It's not necessary to be a dealer in order to get a piece of the potpie; in fact, 21 states are already carving themselves a slice.
This Study's Materials
- Full Study, PDF, 1.1 MB
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)
Latest From Reason
The case of Fox's James Rosen.
The author of The Da Vinci Code has a new tale to tell.
Two new books ask whether our ancestors were right about food, sex, war, and trade.
Your spare bedroom is not your own.
Government has evolved a variety of sophisticated survival strategies.