Amaani Lyle, who worked as an assistant to writers on the hit sitcom Friends, filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Warner Bros. Television Productions Inc. claiming that jokes and offensive language created a hostile work environment. Reason Foundation, along with the Individual Rights Foundation and the Libertarian Law Council, submitted an amici letter to the California Supreme Court in support of Warner Brothers stating "overly broad definitions of harassment threaten free speech and artistic freedom."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason: "Friends" Harassment Ruling Threatens Free Speech, Artistic Freedom
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 2 MB
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)