Amaani Lyle, who worked as an assistant to writers on the hit sitcom Friends, filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Warner Bros. Television Productions Inc. claiming that jokes and offensive language created a hostile work environment. Reason Foundation, along with the Individual Rights Foundation and the Libertarian Law Council, submitted an amici letter to the California Supreme Court in support of Warner Brothers stating "overly broad definitions of harassment threaten free speech and artistic freedom."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason: "Friends" Harassment Ruling Threatens Free Speech, Artistic Freedom
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 2 MB
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)