Amaani Lyle, who worked as an assistant to writers on the hit sitcom Friends, filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Warner Bros. Television Productions Inc. claiming that jokes and offensive language created a hostile work environment. Reason Foundation, along with the Individual Rights Foundation and the Libertarian Law Council, submitted an amici letter to the California Supreme Court in support of Warner Brothers stating "overly broad definitions of harassment threaten free speech and artistic freedom."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason: "Friends" Harassment Ruling Threatens Free Speech, Artistic Freedom
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 2 MB
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)