Reason Foundation joined several groups in filing a friend-of-the-court brief asking the Florida Supreme Court to uphold a state law that gives children attending failing public schools opportunity scholarships that allow them to transfer to higher-performing private or parochial schools. The brief states, "Nothing in Florida’s constitution prevents the state from reaching out to the underprivileged, largely minority families who are the disproportionate victims of substandard educational opportunities by providing them with publicly funded scholarships that enable them to choose among a wide variety of public and nonpublic, religious and nonreligious alternatives."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Foundation Brief Urges Florida Supreme Court to Save School Choice
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 287.8 KB
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)