The City of Norwood, Ohio, is demolishing private property and handing the land over to developers in hopes of increasing tax revenues. In a brief filed with the Ohio Supreme Court, Reason urges the Court to protect homeowners and small businesses, arguing that the city's dubious claim that the neighborhood is "deteriorating" is an abuse of power that could put nearly every neighborhood at risk.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Foundation Amicus Brief Calls on Ohio Supreme Court to Protect State's Homeowners
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 99.3 KB
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)