The City of Norwood, Ohio, is demolishing private property and handing the land over to developers in hopes of increasing tax revenues. In a brief filed with the Ohio Supreme Court, Reason urges the Court to protect homeowners and small businesses, arguing that the city's dubious claim that the neighborhood is "deteriorating" is an abuse of power that could put nearly every neighborhood at risk.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Foundation Amicus Brief Calls on Ohio Supreme Court to Protect State's Homeowners
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 99.3 KB
- It’s Time to Let the Wind Energy Production Tax Credit Expire (12/12)
- What to Make of Struggling P3 Toll Roads (12/12)
- Alaska Governor Proposes $3 Billion Towards Paying Down Pension Debts (12/12)
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)