The City of Norwood, Ohio, is demolishing private property and handing the land over to developers in hopes of increasing tax revenues. In a brief filed with the Ohio Supreme Court, Reason urges the Court to protect homeowners and small businesses, arguing that the city's dubious claim that the neighborhood is "deteriorating" is an abuse of power that could put nearly every neighborhood at risk.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Foundation Amicus Brief Calls on Ohio Supreme Court to Protect State's Homeowners
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 99.3 KB
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)