Russ Harding at the Mackinac Center has an excellent op-ed in the Detroit News today calling for the use of privatization, competitive bidding for janitorial and maintenance services, and public-private partnerships to rescue and right-size Michigan's state park system. Well worth a read.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Rescuing Michigan's Parks Through Privatization
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)