Reason Foundation's Sam Staley has an op-ed in today's Ohio's Times-Gazette on the state's proposed stimulus package. Sam writes, "Restoring Ohio's economic vitality will be difficult under the best of circumstances. But the solution is not in having state government pick winners and losers by rewarding favored, politically correct businesses over others not on their political radar screen. On the contrary, the key will be in creating a policy environment where broad-based entrepreneurship and business investment is welcomed and nurtured."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Ohio Gov. Strickland Offers a Raw Deal
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)