Reason's Leonard Gilroy finds that anger from the Supreme Court's Kelo decision remains and taxpayers are demanding their property rights be protected. In a new piece for Planetizen, Gilroy details what state lawmakers across the country are doing to shield property owners against both eminent domain abuses and the land use regulations that often cause severe financial losses by eroding property values.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New at Reason.org: States Protect Property Rights
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)