In my new Bacon's Rebellion column, I write that Virginia is generally regarded as a pioneer and early adopter in the privatization of various state government programs and functions. But at the same time, the state's privatization efforts of late have tended to advance slowly and in piecemeal fashion. Given the pace at which other states are moving forward with privatization initiatives large and small, Virginia policymakers will need to step up their game.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New at Reason: Time to Step It Up on Privatization in Virginia
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)