In my new Bacon's Rebellion column, I write that Virginia is generally regarded as a pioneer and early adopter in the privatization of various state government programs and functions. But at the same time, the state's privatization efforts of late have tended to advance slowly and in piecemeal fashion. Given the pace at which other states are moving forward with privatization initiatives large and small, Virginia policymakers will need to step up their game.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New at Reason: Time to Step It Up on Privatization in Virginia
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)