In my new Bacon's Rebellion column, I write that Virginia is generally regarded as a pioneer and early adopter in the privatization of various state government programs and functions. But at the same time, the state's privatization efforts of late have tended to advance slowly and in piecemeal fashion. Given the pace at which other states are moving forward with privatization initiatives large and small, Virginia policymakers will need to step up their game.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New at Reason: Time to Step It Up on Privatization in Virginia
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)