In my new Bacon's Rebellion column, I write that Virginia is generally regarded as a pioneer and early adopter in the privatization of various state government programs and functions. But at the same time, the state's privatization efforts of late have tended to advance slowly and in piecemeal fashion. Given the pace at which other states are moving forward with privatization initiatives large and small, Virginia policymakers will need to step up their game.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New at Reason: Time to Step It Up on Privatization in Virginia
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)