In my new Bacon's Rebellion column, I write that Virginia is generally regarded as a pioneer and early adopter in the privatization of various state government programs and functions. But at the same time, the state's privatization efforts of late have tended to advance slowly and in piecemeal fashion. Given the pace at which other states are moving forward with privatization initiatives large and small, Virginia policymakers will need to step up their game.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New at Reason: Time to Step It Up on Privatization in Virginia
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)