Courtesy of the South Carolina Landowners Association comes a helpful comparison of the competing property rights bills under consideration by the state legislature. The comparison covers how each bill deals with redefining blight, preventing the use of eminent domain for economic development, "public use" vs. "public purpose" standards, and compensation for regulatory takings.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Comparing S.C.'s Property Rights Bills
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)