Courtesy of the South Carolina Landowners Association comes a helpful comparison of the competing property rights bills under consideration by the state legislature. The comparison covers how each bill deals with redefining blight, preventing the use of eminent domain for economic development, "public use" vs. "public purpose" standards, and compensation for regulatory takings.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Comparing S.C.'s Property Rights Bills
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)