Courtesy of the South Carolina Landowners Association comes a helpful comparison of the competing property rights bills under consideration by the state legislature. The comparison covers how each bill deals with redefining blight, preventing the use of eminent domain for economic development, "public use" vs. "public purpose" standards, and compensation for regulatory takings.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Comparing S.C.'s Property Rights Bills
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)