Courtesy of the South Carolina Landowners Association comes a helpful comparison of the competing property rights bills under consideration by the state legislature. The comparison covers how each bill deals with redefining blight, preventing the use of eminent domain for economic development, "public use" vs. "public purpose" standards, and compensation for regulatory takings.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Comparing S.C.'s Property Rights Bills
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)