Courtesy of the South Carolina Landowners Association comes a helpful comparison of the competing property rights bills under consideration by the state legislature. The comparison covers how each bill deals with redefining blight, preventing the use of eminent domain for economic development, "public use" vs. "public purpose" standards, and compensation for regulatory takings.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Comparing S.C.'s Property Rights Bills
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges--Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)