Reason's Lisa Snell examines concerns that thousands of California teachers will soon be laid off and says, "Education officials at the state, county and local levels need to seriously look at reducing the number of professional educators who are not in classrooms. When revenues are tight, spending reductions need to be made outside of the classroom first."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Are 100,000 California Teachers About to be Laid Off?
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)