Reason's Lisa Snell examines concerns that thousands of California teachers will soon be laid off and says, "Education officials at the state, county and local levels need to seriously look at reducing the number of professional educators who are not in classrooms. When revenues are tight, spending reductions need to be made outside of the classroom first."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Are 100,000 California Teachers About to be Laid Off?
- Survey of States Pension Debt (7/22)
- How Pension Reform Can Help the City of Omaha (7/21)
- Endangered Species and the Export-Import Bank (7/17)
- Reason Foundation Submits Letter to U.S. Sentencing Commission Supporting "Drugs Minus Two" Retroactivity (7/11)
- An Analysis of Transportation Policy and MAP-21 Reauthorization with Bob Poole (7/10)