From Bond Buyer, a good overview of the politics surrounding Akron, OH Mayor Donald Plusquellic's plan to lease the city's wastewater system and use the proceeds to fund a local college scholarship program. Akron voters will decide the fate of the proposal in November.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Akron Voters to Decide Fate of Wastewater Privatization Plan
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)