From Bond Buyer, a good overview of the politics surrounding Akron, OH Mayor Donald Plusquellic's plan to lease the city's wastewater system and use the proceeds to fund a local college scholarship program. Akron voters will decide the fate of the proposal in November.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Akron Voters to Decide Fate of Wastewater Privatization Plan
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)