Scott Walker has won the WI governor's race. He always impressed me as a legislator and as CEO of Milwaukee County as an amazingly competent guy, focused on making fiscal and policy decisions that make sense. He both understands the need for fiscal restraint, and how hard it is to accomplish in a democracy where no one wants their spending cut. Reason has worked a lot with him over the years on infrastructure issues, transportation and privatization. I expect a lot of him as Governor.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Wisconsin's New Governor a Crackerjack
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)
- More Boasts from California Contractor Regulators For Wasting Time and Money (11/29)