Scott Walker has won the WI governor's race. He always impressed me as a legislator and as CEO of Milwaukee County as an amazingly competent guy, focused on making fiscal and policy decisions that make sense. He both understands the need for fiscal restraint, and how hard it is to accomplish in a democracy where no one wants their spending cut. Reason has worked a lot with him over the years on infrastructure issues, transportation and privatization. I expect a lot of him as Governor.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Wisconsin's New Governor a Crackerjack
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)