Scott Walker has won the WI governor's race. He always impressed me as a legislator and as CEO of Milwaukee County as an amazingly competent guy, focused on making fiscal and policy decisions that make sense. He both understands the need for fiscal restraint, and how hard it is to accomplish in a democracy where no one wants their spending cut. Reason has worked a lot with him over the years on infrastructure issues, transportation and privatization. I expect a lot of him as Governor.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Wisconsin's New Governor a Crackerjack
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges--Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)