Scott Walker has won the WI governor's race. He always impressed me as a legislator and as CEO of Milwaukee County as an amazingly competent guy, focused on making fiscal and policy decisions that make sense. He both understands the need for fiscal restraint, and how hard it is to accomplish in a democracy where no one wants their spending cut. Reason has worked a lot with him over the years on infrastructure issues, transportation and privatization. I expect a lot of him as Governor.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Wisconsin's New Governor a Crackerjack
- It’s Time to Let the Wind Energy PTC Expire (12/12)
- What to Make of Struggling P3 Toll Roads (12/12)
- Alaska Governor Proposes $3 Billion Towards Paying Down Pension Debts (12/12)
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)