Scott Walker has won the WI governor's race. He always impressed me as a legislator and as CEO of Milwaukee County as an amazingly competent guy, focused on making fiscal and policy decisions that make sense. He both understands the need for fiscal restraint, and how hard it is to accomplish in a democracy where no one wants their spending cut. Reason has worked a lot with him over the years on infrastructure issues, transportation and privatization. I expect a lot of him as Governor.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Wisconsin's New Governor a Crackerjack
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)