Earlier in the year, the Virginia Senate trumped Governor Mark Warner's $1 billion tax increase with an even larger one equaling $2.5 billion. On Sunday the Senate completed their work on the budget....and its no surprise that $2.5 billion wasn't enough. In fact the end under the Senate plan, taxes would increase by nearly $4 billion on cigarettes, sales, gas, the wealthy, the elderly and some corporations!
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
When is Enough, Enough?
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)