Earlier in the year, the Virginia Senate trumped Governor Mark Warner's $1 billion tax increase with an even larger one equaling $2.5 billion. On Sunday the Senate completed their work on the budget....and its no surprise that $2.5 billion wasn't enough. In fact the end under the Senate plan, taxes would increase by nearly $4 billion on cigarettes, sales, gas, the wealthy, the elderly and some corporations!
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
When is Enough, Enough?
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)