They won't say so publicly, but Colorado Gov. Bill Owens and other backers of Referenda C and D on this fall's election ballot must feel, deep in their heart of hearts, that the chances of successful passage of the two questions are about as likely as the Colorado Rockies winning the World Series in 2006. Both are theoretically possible, at least in the context of a redefinition of the conventional understanding of "long shot."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Victory in Colorado?!
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)