They won't say so publicly, but Colorado Gov. Bill Owens and other backers of Referenda C and D on this fall's election ballot must feel, deep in their heart of hearts, that the chances of successful passage of the two questions are about as likely as the Colorado Rockies winning the World Series in 2006. Both are theoretically possible, at least in the context of a redefinition of the conventional understanding of "long shot."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Victory in Colorado?!
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)
- More Boasts from California Contractor Regulators For Wasting Time and Money (11/29)
- Massachusetts State and Municipal Retiree Systems Costly, Underfunded (11/29)
- Innovators in Action (November 2013 edition): Pursuing Fiscal Self-Reliance in Utah (11/27)