They won't say so publicly, but Colorado Gov. Bill Owens and other backers of Referenda C and D on this fall's election ballot must feel, deep in their heart of hearts, that the chances of successful passage of the two questions are about as likely as the Colorado Rockies winning the World Series in 2006. Both are theoretically possible, at least in the context of a redefinition of the conventional understanding of "long shot."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Victory in Colorado?!
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges--Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)