They won't say so publicly, but Colorado Gov. Bill Owens and other backers of Referenda C and D on this fall's election ballot must feel, deep in their heart of hearts, that the chances of successful passage of the two questions are about as likely as the Colorado Rockies winning the World Series in 2006. Both are theoretically possible, at least in the context of a redefinition of the conventional understanding of "long shot."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Victory in Colorado?!
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)