VA has accepted a private proposal to build a new toll bridge in the Norfolk area--full story here. The most interesting this is that the city analyzed this project and decided tolls could only cover 20% of the cost. The private firm came in and figure out that tolls can finance the bridge and a profit!
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The vast gulf between public and private
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)