VA has accepted a private proposal to build a new toll bridge in the Norfolk area--full story here. The most interesting this is that the city analyzed this project and decided tolls could only cover 20% of the cost. The private firm came in and figure out that tolls can finance the bridge and a profit!
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The vast gulf between public and private
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)