VA has accepted a private proposal to build a new toll bridge in the Norfolk area--full story here. The most interesting this is that the city analyzed this project and decided tolls could only cover 20% of the cost. The private firm came in and figure out that tolls can finance the bridge and a profit!
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The vast gulf between public and private
- How Pension Reform Can Help the City of Omaha (7/21)
- Endangered Species and the Export-Import Bank (7/17)
- Reason Foundation Submits Letter to U.S. Sentencing Commission Supporting "Drugs Minus Two" Retroactivity (7/11)
- An Analysis of Transportation Policy and MAP-21 Reauthorization with Bob Poole (7/10)
- I-285/GA 400 Interchange Reconstruction Needed (7/8)