VA has accepted a private proposal to build a new toll bridge in the Norfolk area--full story here. The most interesting this is that the city analyzed this project and decided tolls could only cover 20% of the cost. The private firm came in and figure out that tolls can finance the bridge and a profit!
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The vast gulf between public and private
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)