VA has accepted a private proposal to build a new toll bridge in the Norfolk area--full story here. The most interesting this is that the city analyzed this project and decided tolls could only cover 20% of the cost. The private firm came in and figure out that tolls can finance the bridge and a profit!
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The vast gulf between public and private
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)