Last week the United States Department of Justice released "the most thorough analysis of the Second Amendment ever conducted by the Executive Branch of the United States government." The 93 page report, "Whether the Second Amendment Guarantees an Individual Right." As the report's subtitle states, "The Second Amendment secures a right of individuals generally, not a right of States or a right restricted to persons serving in militias."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)