Last week the United States Department of Justice released "the most thorough analysis of the Second Amendment ever conducted by the Executive Branch of the United States government." The 93 page report, "Whether the Second Amendment Guarantees an Individual Right." As the report's subtitle states, "The Second Amendment secures a right of individuals generally, not a right of States or a right restricted to persons serving in militias."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms
- Survey of States Pension Debt (7/22)
- How Pension Reform Can Help the City of Omaha (7/21)
- Endangered Species and the Export-Import Bank (7/17)
- Reason Foundation Submits Letter to U.S. Sentencing Commission Supporting "Drugs Minus Two" Retroactivity (7/11)
- An Analysis of Transportation Policy and MAP-21 Reauthorization with Bob Poole (7/10)