The Infrastructurist on-line magazine ("America under construction") has put together a revealing list of the decades 10 biggest transit projects in North America. It's worth browsing through the slide show, and includes debacles such as San Juan Puerto Rico's rapid transit line (and the Los Angeles Red Line subway) as well as successess such as Vancouver's Canada Line which was delivered through a public-private partnership. These are all "megaprojects" that cost more than $1 billion.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The Decade's Ten Most Expensive Transit Projects
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)