The Infrastructurist on-line magazine ("America under construction") has put together a revealing list of the decades 10 biggest transit projects in North America. It's worth browsing through the slide show, and includes debacles such as San Juan Puerto Rico's rapid transit line (and the Los Angeles Red Line subway) as well as successess such as Vancouver's Canada Line which was delivered through a public-private partnership. These are all "megaprojects" that cost more than $1 billion.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The Decade's Ten Most Expensive Transit Projects
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)