The Infrastructurist on-line magazine ("America under construction") has put together a revealing list of the decades 10 biggest transit projects in North America. It's worth browsing through the slide show, and includes debacles such as San Juan Puerto Rico's rapid transit line (and the Los Angeles Red Line subway) as well as successess such as Vancouver's Canada Line which was delivered through a public-private partnership. These are all "megaprojects" that cost more than $1 billion.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
The Decade's Ten Most Expensive Transit Projects
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)