Defenders of the public school monopoly fight charter schools, often with a viciousness only exceeded by that leveled at vouchers. But just as vicious are the attacks by non-profit charter schools on those dastardly for-profit charter schools. Latest round in the battle is via federal funding, and Arizona, which has the most charter schools per capita in the nation, is up in arms about it.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Strange front in the war on capitalism
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)