Defenders of the public school monopoly fight charter schools, often with a viciousness only exceeded by that leveled at vouchers. But just as vicious are the attacks by non-profit charter schools on those dastardly for-profit charter schools. Latest round in the battle is via federal funding, and Arizona, which has the most charter schools per capita in the nation, is up in arms about it.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Strange front in the war on capitalism
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)