During the recent high gas prices a lot hot air rose from state capitols about price fixing and restraint of trade by oil companies and gasoline retailers. Daren Bakst of the John Locke Foundation points out that "If the state is serious about reducing unfair trade practices," he concluded, "then it should start eliminating its own anticompetitive laws."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Restraint of Trade
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)