During the recent high gas prices a lot hot air rose from state capitols about price fixing and restraint of trade by oil companies and gasoline retailers. Daren Bakst of the John Locke Foundation points out that "If the state is serious about reducing unfair trade practices," he concluded, "then it should start eliminating its own anticompetitive laws."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Restraint of Trade
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)