During the recent high gas prices a lot hot air rose from state capitols about price fixing and restraint of trade by oil companies and gasoline retailers. Daren Bakst of the John Locke Foundation points out that "If the state is serious about reducing unfair trade practices," he concluded, "then it should start eliminating its own anticompetitive laws."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Restraint of Trade
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)