During the recent high gas prices a lot hot air rose from state capitols about price fixing and restraint of trade by oil companies and gasoline retailers. Daren Bakst of the John Locke Foundation points out that "If the state is serious about reducing unfair trade practices," he concluded, "then it should start eliminating its own anticompetitive laws."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Restraint of Trade
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)
- More Boasts from California Contractor Regulators For Wasting Time and Money (11/29)
- Massachusetts State and Municipal Retiree Systems Costly, Underfunded (11/29)
- Innovators in Action (November 2013 edition): Pursuing Fiscal Self-Reliance in Utah (11/27)