During the recent high gas prices a lot hot air rose from state capitols about price fixing and restraint of trade by oil companies and gasoline retailers. Daren Bakst of the John Locke Foundation points out that "If the state is serious about reducing unfair trade practices," he concluded, "then it should start eliminating its own anticompetitive laws."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Restraint of Trade
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)