Reaon.tv has just released a great video that takes a critical look at Detroit's push for a $500 million light rail line. This project probably defines the term "boondoggle," but the real interesting and provocatie part of the video is the clever juxtaposition of 1960s film footage lauding Detroit's forward looking planning with the reality of this once great city's decline. This is must see video.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Video Highlights Detroit Rail and Planning
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)