Reaon.tv has just released a great video that takes a critical look at Detroit's push for a $500 million light rail line. This project probably defines the term "boondoggle," but the real interesting and provocatie part of the video is the clever juxtaposition of 1960s film footage lauding Detroit's forward looking planning with the reality of this once great city's decline. This is must see video.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Video Highlights Detroit Rail and Planning
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)