Reaon.tv has just released a great video that takes a critical look at Detroit's push for a $500 million light rail line. This project probably defines the term "boondoggle," but the real interesting and provocatie part of the video is the clever juxtaposition of 1960s film footage lauding Detroit's forward looking planning with the reality of this once great city's decline. This is must see video.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Video Highlights Detroit Rail and Planning
- Survey of States Pension Debt (7/22)
- How Pension Reform Can Help the City of Omaha (7/21)
- Endangered Species and the Export-Import Bank (7/17)
- Reason Foundation Submits Letter to U.S. Sentencing Commission Supporting "Drugs Minus Two" Retroactivity (7/11)
- An Analysis of Transportation Policy and MAP-21 Reauthorization with Bob Poole (7/10)