Or at least it would have had a county executive not "prohibited the county from privatizing a jail" -- now residents faces a 1 mill tax increase, says Beaver County (PA) Commissioners Chairman Dan Donatella. That equates to slightly more than $2 million -- "That's exactly what we lost from privatization, and it's all based on the judge's opinion and ruling," said Donatella. "It's a sad day for the taxpayers of this county."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Privatization Prevents Tax Hike
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)
- More Boasts from California Contractor Regulators For Wasting Time and Money (11/29)