Or at least it would have had a county executive not "prohibited the county from privatizing a jail" -- now residents faces a 1 mill tax increase, says Beaver County (PA) Commissioners Chairman Dan Donatella. That equates to slightly more than $2 million -- "That's exactly what we lost from privatization, and it's all based on the judge's opinion and ruling," said Donatella. "It's a sad day for the taxpayers of this county."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Privatization Prevents Tax Hike
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)