Thumbs up to Scottsdale, Arizona voters for keeping the city’s private fire department. Now how about adding some competitive bidding to the process?
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Private Firm Wins Fire War
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)