Bob Poole makes an excellent case for congestion pricing and HOT lanes in an "open letter" to elected officials in Souther California published by Planning Report, the "insider's guide to growth management." Bob points out that Southern California has more than a decade of experience showing that market-based pricing for roads works, and should be a central part of getting traffic to flow smoothly and at free flow speeds.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Poole: Open letter to elected officials
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)