Bob Poole makes an excellent case for congestion pricing and HOT lanes in an "open letter" to elected officials in Souther California published by Planning Report, the "insider's guide to growth management." Bob points out that Southern California has more than a decade of experience showing that market-based pricing for roads works, and should be a central part of getting traffic to flow smoothly and at free flow speeds.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Poole: Open letter to elected officials
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)