Bob Poole makes an excellent case for congestion pricing and HOT lanes in an "open letter" to elected officials in Souther California published by Planning Report, the "insider's guide to growth management." Bob points out that Southern California has more than a decade of experience showing that market-based pricing for roads works, and should be a central part of getting traffic to flow smoothly and at free flow speeds.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Poole: Open letter to elected officials
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)