Bob Poole makes an excellent case for congestion pricing and HOT lanes in an "open letter" to elected officials in Souther California published by Planning Report, the "insider's guide to growth management." Bob points out that Southern California has more than a decade of experience showing that market-based pricing for roads works, and should be a central part of getting traffic to flow smoothly and at free flow speeds.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Poole: Open letter to elected officials
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)