On Tuesday, Warren County commissioners decided to turn down federal stimulus money, arguing the funds would be wastefully spent on expanding its rural transit system. The decision created a bit of a debate in Ohio, and radio talk shows have picked up on the controversy. Hear County Commissioner Mike Kilburn explain the decision to radio talk show host Brian Wilson on Toledo radio station WSPD 1370 in an on-air interview here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Ohio County's Rejection of Stimulus Money Stirs Debate
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)