A study performed last fall by the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority found that the new tollroad 183A has cut trip times down from 36 minutes to 19 minutes and reduced traffic on the parallel US 183 by 27-29%. Eighty five percent of tolls are collected electronically by tag, and some zip codes have 90+% market penetration. The press release can by found here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New Texas Tollroad Improves Traffic Flow--Everywhere
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)