A study performed last fall by the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority found that the new tollroad 183A has cut trip times down from 36 minutes to 19 minutes and reduced traffic on the parallel US 183 by 27-29%. Eighty five percent of tolls are collected electronically by tag, and some zip codes have 90+% market penetration. The press release can by found here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New Texas Tollroad Improves Traffic Flow--Everywhere
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)