A study performed last fall by the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority found that the new tollroad 183A has cut trip times down from 36 minutes to 19 minutes and reduced traffic on the parallel US 183 by 27-29%. Eighty five percent of tolls are collected electronically by tag, and some zip codes have 90+% market penetration. The press release can by found here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New Texas Tollroad Improves Traffic Flow--Everywhere
- It’s Time to Let the Wind Energy Production Tax Credit Expire (12/12)
- What to Make of Struggling P3 Toll Roads (12/12)
- Alaska Governor Proposes $3 Billion Towards Paying Down Pension Debts (12/12)
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)