A study performed last fall by the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority found that the new tollroad 183A has cut trip times down from 36 minutes to 19 minutes and reduced traffic on the parallel US 183 by 27-29%. Eighty five percent of tolls are collected electronically by tag, and some zip codes have 90+% market penetration. The press release can by found here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New Texas Tollroad Improves Traffic Flow--Everywhere
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)