A study performed last fall by the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority found that the new tollroad 183A has cut trip times down from 36 minutes to 19 minutes and reduced traffic on the parallel US 183 by 27-29%. Eighty five percent of tolls are collected electronically by tag, and some zip codes have 90+% market penetration. The press release can by found here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New Texas Tollroad Improves Traffic Flow--Everywhere
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)