Illinois Republican Congressman Ray LaHood has apparently been asked to head up Obama's U.S. Department of Transportation, and he has accepted. In choosing Hood, Obama's team tapped a centrist known for working with the leadership of both parties to get things done. As Obama crafts his economic stimulus package, including several hundreds of billions of dollars for transportation projects, LaHood will be a central figure in implementing that policy.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
LaHood offerred transportation secretary position
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)