Illinois Republican Congressman Ray LaHood has apparently been asked to head up Obama's U.S. Department of Transportation, and he has accepted. In choosing Hood, Obama's team tapped a centrist known for working with the leadership of both parties to get things done. As Obama crafts his economic stimulus package, including several hundreds of billions of dollars for transportation projects, LaHood will be a central figure in implementing that policy.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
LaHood offerred transportation secretary position
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)