Illinois Republican Congressman Ray LaHood has apparently been asked to head up Obama's U.S. Department of Transportation, and he has accepted. In choosing Hood, Obama's team tapped a centrist known for working with the leadership of both parties to get things done. As Obama crafts his economic stimulus package, including several hundreds of billions of dollars for transportation projects, LaHood will be a central figure in implementing that policy.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
LaHood offerred transportation secretary position
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)