As a "stimulus" deal appears to be drawing closer, it is way past time Congress realized a crisis of excess debt cannot be solved by creating more debt. Niall Ferguson, the author of the new book The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World, explains in the LA Times, "Keynes Can't Help Us Now."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
It's the Debt, Stupid!
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)