As a "stimulus" deal appears to be drawing closer, it is way past time Congress realized a crisis of excess debt cannot be solved by creating more debt. Niall Ferguson, the author of the new book The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World, explains in the LA Times, "Keynes Can't Help Us Now."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
It's the Debt, Stupid!
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)