As a "stimulus" deal appears to be drawing closer, it is way past time Congress realized a crisis of excess debt cannot be solved by creating more debt. Niall Ferguson, the author of the new book The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World, explains in the LA Times, "Keynes Can't Help Us Now."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
It's the Debt, Stupid!
- How Pension Reform Can Help the City of Omaha (7/21)
- Endangered Species and the Export-Import Bank (7/17)
- Reason Foundation Submits Letter to U.S. Sentencing Commission Supporting "Drugs Minus Two" Retroactivity (7/11)
- An Analysis of Transportation Policy and MAP-21 Reauthorization with Bob Poole (7/10)
- I-285/GA 400 Interchange Reconstruction Needed (7/8)