As a "stimulus" deal appears to be drawing closer, it is way past time Congress realized a crisis of excess debt cannot be solved by creating more debt. Niall Ferguson, the author of the new book The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World, explains in the LA Times, "Keynes Can't Help Us Now."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
It's the Debt, Stupid!
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges--Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)