Ford Motor Co. has pulled a controversial video advertisement featuring a "Chris," a buyer who claims one of the reasons he bought his car from Ford was because he wanted to buy from a company that "was standing on its own" and didn't take government bailouts. "Win, lose, or draw," Chris says, "that's what America is about...is taking the chance to succeed and understanding when you fail that you gotta pick youself up and and go back to work." The story and video can be found here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Ford Video Ad Blasts Bailouts
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)