Ford Motor Co. has pulled a controversial video advertisement featuring a "Chris," a buyer who claims one of the reasons he bought his car from Ford was because he wanted to buy from a company that "was standing on its own" and didn't take government bailouts. "Win, lose, or draw," Chris says, "that's what America is about...is taking the chance to succeed and understanding when you fail that you gotta pick youself up and and go back to work." The story and video can be found here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Ford Video Ad Blasts Bailouts
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)