Ford Motor Co. has pulled a controversial video advertisement featuring a "Chris," a buyer who claims one of the reasons he bought his car from Ford was because he wanted to buy from a company that "was standing on its own" and didn't take government bailouts. "Win, lose, or draw," Chris says, "that's what America is about...is taking the chance to succeed and understanding when you fail that you gotta pick youself up and and go back to work." The story and video can be found here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Ford Video Ad Blasts Bailouts
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)