Scott Burns has an excellent article in the Houston Chronicle on why it still doesn't make sense to dump your SUV even with $4 per gallon gas and pumps with limits that don't let you fill it up (even if you could afford to). Check it out here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Don't dump the SUV--yet
- It’s Time to Let the Wind Energy PTC Expire (12/12)
- What to Make of Struggling P3 Toll Roads (12/12)
- Alaska Governor Proposes $3 Billion Towards Paying Down Pension Debts (12/12)
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)