The Feds are holding a competition for the contract to manage Los Alamos National Laboratory after decades of the University of California have a monopoly lock on the contract.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Competition at highest levels of research
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)