OMB has rolled out its its requirements that federal agencies analyze their purchasing habits and use it to shop smarter--what they call "strategic sourcing". While this may seem a no brainer, but it has been long coming for federal agencies. It's a new leg to the President's Management Agenda (which we have been tracking--see here and here, for example.)
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Can the feds shop smart?
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)