OMB has rolled out its its requirements that federal agencies analyze their purchasing habits and use it to shop smarter--what they call "strategic sourcing". While this may seem a no brainer, but it has been long coming for federal agencies. It's a new leg to the President's Management Agenda (which we have been tracking--see here and here, for example.)
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Can the feds shop smart?
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)